Sunday 29 June 2008

Sunday Challenge # 8

Helloooo my little Dottie friends! I hope this Sunday morning finds you fighting fit and prepared for our next challenge. You seemed to enjoy the last sketch I gave you so why not replicate that success with another? :o)

The sketches can be strictly adhered to, or they can be loosely followed. Sketches can be a godsend when your mojo has gone and you need some inspiration; often when you start following a sketch you may find yourself veering from it and ending up producing something completely different, with just a smidgeon of the original sketch remaining. That’s cool, the sketch served it purpose of getting your creativity flowing again.


Here is the sketch for this Sunday's challenge. Follow is as closely or as loosely as you like, remember that although the elements are there to offer guidance we do require that the sketch is recognised for the purpose of this challenge ;o)


Our design team has provided a variety of examples for you.


Karen
I have given you three examples, hopefully showing you just how versatile this sketch can be.

My first example adheres to the sketch pretty rigidly. Products used here include: Angel Dottie from the Christmas bundle, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Forest paper (both sides as the paper is double-sided), white Bazzill cardstock embossed with a Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder. K&Company Adhesive Chipboard Christmas, and finally some green Dovecraft velvet ribbon (all available at Charmed Cards & Crafts).

My second example still adheres to the sketch, although the ribbon is not in a straight line. Products used here include: Acrylic paints, Cleaning Dottie from the Dottie at Work bundle, Christmas Fairy Dottie from the Christmas bundle, Basic Grey Sugared paper, K&Company Adhesive ribbon from the Wild Saffron collection, K&Company adhesive chipboard General Birthday, and finally some Basic Grey Fibres (all available at Charmed Cards & Crafts).



My final example has veered a little from the original sketch, although it is clearly still recognisable :o) Products used here include: Robin Dottie and Toy Soldier George from the Christmas bundle, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Festive paper (both sides again), Green Blitzen paper (Basic Grey). K&Company Adhesive Chipboard Christmas, and finally lots of Basic Grey buttons and brads (all available at Charmed Cards & Crafts).

Louise

Louise has created yet another amazing card using Carol Singing Dottie and George and a sentiment from the Christmas bundle. Papers used are from the English Paper Company, brads are Basic Grey and Dovecraft, and the polka dot ribbon is Doodlebug (all available at Charmed Cards & Crafts). Louise has doodled borders around both the main card and one of the squares. Look how Louise "hung" one of the squares, it's fantastic!



Juliet
Juliet has given you two wonderful examples.


The first example is gorgeous and delicate card using two Dottie images: Bedtime Dottie and Bath time Dottie, both from the Dottie at Home collection, matted on scalloped frames.




Juliet's second example is a fantastic Christmas card using images from the Christmas collection. I love the way that Juliet's has twisted the silver ribbon.


Nicola
Nicola's example uses an image from the Cat collection. I love the contemporary feel to this card and the lovely earthy colours.


Well there you go ladies, lots of examples to inspire. Now we are going to sit back and wait for you to put a link in the comments to YOUR cards! We always look forward to seeing what you come up with. Once again, it's over to you :o)
Karen
xxx

13 comments:

Louly said...

Wow ladies! You've been busy bees! Karen, I'll have what you're having -3 CARDS!!!!!Blimey, I've come over all inadequate!
I love all the examples. Karen, your Down Tools idea really made me giggle, Juliet, I love that twisted ribbon idea too and Nicola your card looks so stylish - the colours are perfect.

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow ladies, the sketch is great but when you see what you have all done with it you just cant help but go wow! I love the down tools card - well I love them all really now I'm off to get my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with.

Juliet said...

Fabulous cards DT! I agree with Lou, Nicola's card is gorgeous, but I love them all. Great sketch Karen!!xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What amazing cards, I love them all.

I'll have to go and do some thinking here - I'll be back!

Adele said...

Wonder examples and inspiration-thank you. I have another Dottie Christmas card in my box!!

love Adele.xx

Anonymous said...

I'm back, and my card is on my blog here hopefully

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Hello - it's me again! This week my card fits both the Sunday Challenge and Juliet's challenge to use images we haven't used before!

I've called mine "A Mother's Love" and I've used the cat collection download for the first time...

It's on my blog!
Ruth xx

Sue said...

Wow, fabulous cards from the DT,well done all.I decided to join in the challenge too this week

Here is my card.


Sue
xx

Sammi said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!
you ladies astound me!!
These cards are FAB!!! :)

My attempt is on my blog

Unknown said...

just added my tennis george card to my blog for the skecth challenge :)

Jac’s Playground said...

I've used a couple of the new images for my card for this weeks challenge.

Donna said...

Lovely DT cards as usual, here is my entry. x
http://luvocardz.blogspot.com/2008/07/summer-dottie.html

Tasha said...

Fab DT cards and great entries.

Here's mine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin