Thursday 20 November 2008

In Loving Memory

Good day to you all, Louise here.

I have a bit of a different post for you today. I've had a busy week so I don't have anything to show you, however, I thought it would be a good opportunity to tell you a wee story.
I Don't want it to be depressing or morbid, more a celebration of life, a tribute and a moment, for me, of remembrance.
Most of you will be familiar with George, our happy little cheeky chappy but most of you probably don't know the place he holds in my heart and the reason for his 'existence'.....

There once was a young man called George who like all people I'm sure, could be a right old pain in the bum if he wanted to be but above all he was a genuine, warm, fun loving, handome young man, loved and adored by all he knew. He had a zest for life that you could do no other than admire and he was never happier than when he was on his motor bike.

I won't go into details because it's not needed but unfortunately George was in a terrible accident on his bike and was killed instantly.

George was my cousin and I was only a little girl when he was so rudely taken from us but I'll never forget him, I suppose to me he was like a rock star with his long hair, his leather jacket and his shiny bike.

So, 20 something years later Dottie needed a love interest, Perfect! What better chance could I wish for than to bring George to life in the form of Dottie's boyfriend. There isn't much of a resemblance but I hope George's warmth and charisma has transferred to our George that we all know and love (hopefully) today. Some people light candles in memory of their loved ones but I made George and you've no idea of the joy it brings me seeing him coming to life in your art work all around the world. Thank you for helping me to keep his spirit shining.

I hope I haven't depressed anybody, that wasn't my intention. xxxxx

16 comments:

Cazz said...

I think its a wonderful tribute to your cousin and he will be so proud of you for doing it xx

Trace Dee said...

This is a lovely tribute Lou. it bought a lump to my throat and put a smile on my face.

Love

Tracey

Ruth (ooffee) said...

I think I've heard that story before, but it still brought a lump to my throat. However, as you say, our George has brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. You have certainly made him a warm and cheerful little chap - and I'm sure your cousin (and your family who knew him best) would be proud of you for that...

Thank you for Dottie and George - We love them!
Love - Ruth xx

Nicola said...

Oh Lou, you'll start me off again!!
Its not fair when such a life is taken in sucha tragic way. The sun is shining today Louise,,a perfect day to remember sucha wonderful person, as he would have been out on his bike while the weathers good!!xxx

Becky said...

What a perfect way of remembering George! The perfect tribute and a really uplifting story, thanks for sharing!
Love Becky xx

Adele said...

Oh Lou, you have made me all full of goosebumps. Thank you for your continual inspiration- even if you did make me tearful!

love Dingle.xx

Heather "Hev" said...

This brought a smile to my face actually - a genuine smile - and that hasnt happened at all today.

Long live George's memory

Jac’s Playground said...

What a wonderful tribute, you gave me goosebumps, a lump in my throat, a tear in my eye, a smile on my face and a warmth to my heart. And yes we do love George, all the more now with that story behind him. Thank you Louly for everything! xx

Karen Mortensen said...

What a wonderful way to keep the memory alive.

xxx

Cazzy said...

That is an amazingly touching story Lou, thanks for sharing.

Cazzy xx

Sarah C said...

I have been told this before, but I still went awwwww when I read this. George really is a fitting tribute and brings a smile to my face and I can only take an educated guess that he brings a smile to the faces of everyone who uses or receives an image of him. Bless you Lou and thank you xxx

Nicky said...

Out of all sadness comes joy and your george continues to do that. As some one once said if you want to the rainbow you have to put up with some rain, and George brings the rainbow and sunshine to so many of us.

maddy hill said...

awwwwww lou , what a lovely way of keeping the memory of George alive ... and to think there are sooooooo many people out enjoy his company - then out of love and friendship gets passed on again when the card is given ... I think George is alittle Hero !

Sammi said...

Wow Lou!! *hugs*
you are really an amazing woman you know. This is a wonderful tribute to George! It's just lovely to think of the joy that you are bringing to so many through your gorgeous George images! It's great that George can be remembered in this way :)
Sammi
xxx

Hazel said...

This was so moving to read - thanks for sharing - and what a great tribute to George to remember him in this way - Dottie's George so loved by so many.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely Lou, I too lost my cousin Ian when I was young. He was a hero, long hair and I was always in awe of him. He finally settled down and had a wife and a baby and then was killed on his beloved bike.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin