Friday 20 February 2009

Another Shaped Card

As you know I've been trying hard to get really stuck into card making again and trying to blog every day! (EEK!) Well I've found the whole thing to be quite a cathartic process. Over the two weeks that I've blogged every day I've seen my cards go through a complete change! The most recent evolution is shaped cards, I love em! In fact I love them so much I'm going to spend all next week blogging them!
So, onto today's shaped card.... This one, as with Wednesday's card uses shapes that I've cut on my Silhouette but you could use large punches or dies for this too, have a look through what you've got and think about them differently! Imagine how you could arrange them together to make a shaped card, it's loads of fun! To make it into a card make your shaped card front and then make a tent fold card in just the right size to stick on the back without being able to see it.
These lovely swirls were cut on my Silhouette too.
I love these beautiful flower brads from Charmed Cards and Crafts, aren't they just perfect!

I made a box for this card because it's quite fragile.

The papers are from my Basic Grey Off Beat 6X6 pad

The image is Holly in the Garden from the Holly & Madison download collection.

5 comments:

Junie said...

I am not sure what to say except WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW quite simply stunning !!!!

Juliet said...

This is gorgeous Lou! The shapes go together beautifully and I love the swirls. It amazes me how you come up with these fabulous ideas.
Juliet xx

Karen Mortensen said...

It's blimmin' marvelous Lou! Top ten marks from me xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

AWESOME! I love the swirls & the colours are gorgeous.

I've really enjoyed visiting Dottie's World this week. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Gez. xx

lestim said...

These are fabulous, the inspiration that you give is amazing. I can only dream about making a cards this well. Thank you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin