Sunday 8 June 2008

Sunday Challenge #5

Hi everyone, Juliet here with this week's challenge. You can make this as simple or as detailed as you like - the challenge is to make a card featuring one of 'Dottie's World' downloads but I would like you to use both stripes and stitching on your card. My first card shows 'Dress-up Dottie' in her stripey tiger costume............

.............and the super cool 'Disco Dottie' from the 'Funtime' bundle, complete with glittery leg warmers!Our other DT members have used images from the brand new Christmas Collection, available right now by clicking the link on the right .............................

Karen's fabulous card shows Dottie with her snowman and, if you look closely, you will see the beautiful silver threads she used for the stitching



Louise has used this fantastic image of Dottie as a Christmas Pudding on her 'Eat, Drink and Be Merry' card, with stripes created by stitching the backing papers. Aren't those colours just gorgeous?

Nicola is so clever at creating window scenes with such amazing detail, and in her 'Deck the Halls' card she has used stripes in the wallpaper, corrugated card and look at the stitching in the 'Merry Christmas' banner!

There are so many different ways of interpreting this challenge and we can't wait to see your work. As usual, please leave a comment with a link to your card so we can visit you.


Have a great day,


Juliet xx

16 comments:

Louly said...

Wow! They're all fab! Correct me if I'm wrong but our Nicola has managed to get Two main images, one background and three elements in this creation!!!!
Well done ladies, if they don't tempt people into playing along nothing will!

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous cards ladies and a fantastic challenge! off to check out my papers now.

Jac’s Playground said...

Well 2 hours on and I'm back and I've done my card for the challenge! That is amazing for me! lol Also wanted to add that Nicola the more I look at your card the more I love it, it is just soooo clever and totally awesome.

Chriss Rollins said...

Brilliant cards so much love and detail.
thankx for sharing.
chriss. x

Karen Mortensen said...

Superb cards ladies, I love them all. What wonderful inspiration xx

Eve said...

Fantastic cards....
Mine is on my blog

Ruth (ooffee) said...

You keep scaring me with these challenges, cos I have to keep trying new things. This time it was stitching!

Here's this week's creation...

See you again soon!
Ruth x

Nicola said...

Fantastic cards and challenge, Have fun every one!! Thankyou for the lovely comments about mine.xxNicola.xx

Becky said...

Wow! Love the cards, they are so inspirational! I've used the christmas downlaods on mine, you can see it here
http://rebeccaclews.blogspot.com/2008/06/dotties-world-challenge-stripes-and.html
The coloured images are fantastic! Would you consider doing this for the other downloads?
Love Becky xx

Sammi said...

Awesome!!! Love your cards... Louly is right - they sure tempted me to play along ASAP.

My cards are Here

Adele said...

What stunning examples!!Another great challenge- I could not wait to try out my Xmas downloads!

Thank you, love

Dingle.x

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic cards being shared ladies thanks. Well there I was happily making a fathers day card and at the end I realised I had made a card that fitted with this weeks challenge! wasnt even trying!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I have just discovered Dottie and think she is fabulous! Loved all the DT samples. My card is here:-

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/06/introducing-dottie.html

Jo said...

I have finally got roun to this weeks challenge. Its on my blog. Sorry for the poor picture quality but my scanner does not like layers. Love all the cards so far. So much inspiration. I agree with Becky , can we have more coloured images - so useful

Unknown said...

my tri-fold dottie card is on my blog now :)

Jac’s Playground said...

Woohoo, DD managed to get a card made again for this weeks challenge, she left it to the last minute mind! I suppose I can forgive her as school etc got in the way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin