Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Kiss

Hello everybody, Louise here.


I'm very sorry I haven't been blogging, I've been a very busy bee at work - making stage scenery - amongst other things. You haven't had any new downloads in ages, that's also my fault but we do have one on it's way to you shortly.


I'm currently making some projects using my DT pack from Charmed Cards and Crafts (our digi home) and will soon have some sneak peeks to tempt you with.


In the mean time I have a project I finished recently. It's completely unrelated to Dottie's World and Charmed but I hope it inspires you nonetheless.


I moved into my new house recently and the walls have been looking particularly bare. I was looking to buy a print on canvas buy Gustav Klimt (I LOVE his style!) but I figured that for the pretty hefty price I would be paying I may as well paint one myself - why not! It cost a fraction of the price and I was able to adapt my favourite picture (The Kiss) to suit my colour scheme and to represent myself and my partner - his skin is dark so I wanted to change that from the original.


Here's the original inspiration by Gustav Klimt....

And here is my take on it.....







I used Acrylic paint on canvas and then embellished it with sequins, gold leaf, relief paint, micro beads....the list goes on. You see embellishments don't have to be saved for cardmaking and scrapbooking, think big!

11 comments:

Larisa said...

Your work looks fantastic!!! It is very creative!!!

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! Lou, that is awesome and I imagine it looks stunning in your home. What a wonderful idea to take your favourite picture and personalise like this. xx

Craftyrose said...

That's amazing! You are soooooooooooo clever! xx

pinky said...

Wow thats stunning!! A family heirloom now!!

Sarah said...

This is amazing. I love Gustaf's work too. Haven't heard his name in ages. Gorgeous take on his piece xx

Louly said...

thank you everybody, I'm glad you like it. You've given me a big smile :D

Unknown said...

Wow, you are so clever, its stunning!

Hugs, Barbara xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

What a great take Lou, I really like it. And I also love that you posted on the blog, a while since last time. But sometimes life gets in the way.
Happy Easter.
Gunn**

Karen Mortensen said...

WOWSA!! Beautiful beautiful work Lou. I love Gustav Klimt beuatiful vibrant work, and your take is just lovely. Bet it shines above that fireplace! Thanks for sharing it with us here xxx

Tip Top said...

Fantastic! I studied a bit of his work when I did A level art - many moons ago!

sanna said...

Your painting is beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin