Monday 19 May 2008

Mini Prisma Tutorial



Good morning, Louise here.

How are you all getting on with Nicola's fabulous challenge? I can't wait to see what you all come up with. Don't forget we're still on the look out for our Charmed Download creator of the month to win an exclusive image (exclusive until it's included in a collection that is) so keep on crafting and we'll keep on checking out what you come up with.

I had a play with my new Prisma Colour Pencils yesterday and took a few step by step photos to show you - I discovered the timer on my camera so now I can do this properly, it also means I can stick it on it's mini tripod and take pictures of my cards without hand shake! YAAAY!


So here are a few very simple steps to colouring with Prismas, remember, I'm a beginner myself so it's nothing fancy yet.

First draw a thick outline around the inside of your image with your chosen pencil.

Then, using a blending stump (this is a pencil shaped tight coil of paper) dipped in Sansador (an artist's low odour spirit) rub the coloured outline in small circular movements, moving gradually towards the centre of the image. This will achieve a subtle blended effect.

That's basically all there is to it. Once you've had plenty of practise you'll discover lots of new techniques.

This is the card I made with the finished picture.

I used some free papers that i got in a magazine ages ago. The cat (as if I need to tell you!) is from the Cat download collection at Charmed Cards and Crafts If you haven't seen it already check out the Cat gallery on there, there's loads of inspiration for you.

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Brilliant Louise! Love the shading, hmm timer on camera, I found it too,by accident!! Great idea for tutorials!! Means you can use two hands.
Another expert tip.
Nicola.xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Thanks for the tips, shading and camera, must find out how to use my timer and tripod!!! Dont have prismas but have been trying to work out how to do the shading with my whispers pens and blending pens, all attempts so far have been totally yuk so dont try it often, will try it this way and see what happens. Love the card btw.

Karen Mortensen said...

WOWSA!! What a truly scrumdialicious card!!!! One of my favs I think! xxx

Martine said...

thanks for the photo tips Louise, the prisma pencils give a great effect and you have created a beautiful card as usual, well done

Classroomfree said...

Brilliant, thank you for showing us that. I'm hoping my prismas will arrive tomorrow then I can give it a go! Oh, need some sansador first...

Chriss Rollins said...

love those fab colours together and dont those kats get up to some mischief. lol

Dottie x chriss x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin