Friday 23 May 2008

Plaques

As it is nearly Fathers Day my children always give something to my Dad,their Grandad. And my daughter complains she cant find things with her name on.
So I made these plaques using wooden blanks available from Charmed Cards and Crafts,sealed the wood with a few layers of Acrylic spray varnish,printed the designs,using WORD for the phrases & George at Work,Dress up dottie and Dottie at home,on to clear water slide decal paper,added colour using Watercolour pens & coated with acrylic varnish again,which waterproofs the image,cut them out and added to the plaque blanks Wood plaque blank and fencing available from Charmed Cards and Crafts


10 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow Nicola, they are all simply smashing!! I am sure your father will be very appreciate of his pressie! Love them all!

Karen Mortensen said...

...read "appreciative" above. Sorry, can't spell for toffee this morning!

Jac’s Playground said...

These are fantastic! my dd has the same problem - Ria. I love the wording on the one for Grandad really made me smile. TFS

Louly said...

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Nicola you've really gone and done it this time! I'm flabbergasted!
What works of art you produce. I really need to get me some of that tranfer paper you've used. I like how you've coiled the wire and I also love the fence detail you've put on the first one. Your dad will be thrilled to bits!
PS. You're making me ware out the paint on my exclamation mark key!!!!

Nicola said...

thankyou everyone. lou, the wire was already on the blank i got from Charmed Cards and Crafts, you just need to make sure you seal the wood first with varnish to give the transfer something to cling too.xx

Marlou McAlees said...

Wow!!! Nicola, these are just amazing!!! you are very very talented!!!! :)

Donna said...

Wow wow wow Enjay, how do you come up with all these things? They are Beautiful.

Jo said...

oooohh these are so so cute, what a fab idea

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chriss Rollins said...

Enjay wow... They are gorgeous ...I too have been doing some plaques today ..well altering bought ones i have had for years..not as cute as yours though...you are soooo talented
thanx for sharing
chriss x Dottie x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin