Wednesday 7 May 2008

Summertime Dottie & Little Dottie




Inspired by the wonderful weather we have had the last few days, I tempted fate and have made 2 t-shirtS, my daughters friends are already queuing up for a t-shirt with their favourite Dottie or George on. I thought the Dotties world tag was a good touch!! This is for my 10 year old who was camera shy and one for my 3year old .
I used, iron on transfer paper and imported the image from Dottie-at home download to word, added the 'Summertime Dottie' wording on wordart and adjusted the colours accordingly, then, would you believe!! I added colour to the image using Watercolour pens,it works perfectly. The trick is to make sure you have a piece of paper over your transfer and a hot dry iron, if the iron isnt hot enough it wont be waterproof and the colours will run when wet or washed!!
This was a spur of the moment make and I'm really pleased with it and so is my daughter! So wonders never cease!!.xx

This is using Back to school Dottie image from 'Dottie at Home' download(white background)

XX.NICOLA.XX

9 comments:

Louly said...

What an amazing idea! You're a flippin' marvel girl! I think it's brilliant that your daughters love Dottie - and their friends too! Fantastic.
I love the logo/tag idea, great touch.

Classroomfree said...

brilliant, just superb!

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow that's just great Nicola! Woohoo!

Marlou McAlees said...

oh my goodness!!! Lou this is amazing!!!!! excellent work!!!!! :) x

Kim Costello said...

Well done and congrats on your new blog, It's great to see you growing and sharng your talent! Dottie and George look set to take over the world! Your an inspiration to us all!

Sarah C said...

What a great idea. Looks like you'll have a production line going for them soon xx

Anonymous said...

these are just sooo cool, can see my DD wanting them too if I let her look!

Donna said...

Great idea, with the summer coming (hopefully) i'll just have to get my kids in these t shirts.

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea Nicola! I love your T shirts.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin