Sunday 25 May 2008

Sunday Challenge - Yummy Recipe!

Good morning everybody, Louise Here. I'm full of the joys of spring today. Doesn't life feel so much better when you know you have a week off work?
Thank you so much to everybody who took part in last Sunday's challenge, I was very impressed with the cards you all came up with. There were some really unique ideas out there and I got loads of inspiration from them.
Well, it's that time again and this week I've come up with a nice easy one for you, a recipe!
Here are the ingedients;

1 or more Charmed Downloads
1 brad
Ribbon

Hand doodling/writing
Dry embossing or crimping (CB embossing folders etc..)


Mix them all together and see what happens! Warning....Do NOT put it in the oven! LOL

To get your taste buds ready here are some yummy examples.


By Louise
Matching paper, brad and adhesive ribbon are Dovecraft.
By Louise

Green paper is Basic Grey and the brad is Dovecraft. Image is Green fingers George from the George at Work Collection.

By Karen

Dry embossing all over the card - Square and round corner - swirls in the sky, wavy lines in the sea
Brad - Basic Grey Sultry Glazed brad (in the tail)
Ribbon - K&Co Sea Grass paper ribbon (cut out the white bits to leave the waves only)Doodling - Hand-drawn arrow
By Karen


By Nicola

Nicola used her new bind it all, Bind it all accesories, Basic Grey Sultry paper, Cuttlebug embossing folder and a Basic Grey white brad.

Just about everything used for all these projects was purchased from Charmed
Cards and Crafts because we like to get our stash nice and quickly!

So there you go, it's over to you. Don't forget to leave a comment so we can pop by for a nosey.

Happy Crafting

Louise xx

Check out the side bar for links to Charmed Cards and Crafts, the Charmed Downloads page, the Charmed Downloads Gallery and the Dottie's World Design team's personal blogs.

16 comments:

Jo said...

great challenge, I have tried to do something different. Mine is on my blog. Love the examples, great inspiration

Nicola said...

Great challenge lou,should make every one hungry for crafting!!
Fantastic cards!!.xx

Adele said...

After a hectic week, I have allowed myself some crafty time today. Another great challenge and great examples- thank you.

love Dingle.x

Jac’s Playground said...

Great challenge Lou and you have all made some fab examples for inspirtation, thanks. Off for a think now.

Shirley said...

Love the challenge. So much so it gave me cause for a shopping trip (that and the fact of some good forturne last night). I hope to have a go at this this evening.

love the samples

tracie said...

Hi everyone, its my first time at your challenges. I have so much fun with this, so thankyou for the yummy recipe.
Gorgeous work from the DT, mines on my blog
:-)x

Chriss Rollins said...

could just go some bacon eggs and all the trimmings.
the cards are fab...talented mum of dottie and george
love chris n atc dottie x

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Well - it's the first time I've had a go at one of your challenges. I didn't do very well (it's on my blog), but I did have fun!

Thanks for the challenge - I'll be back for more!
Ruth x

Becky said...

Hi all! I've had my first go at the challenge, in fact it's my first go at using the downloads, I need a bit of practice colouring them in, will try paper piecing them next!
Here it is:
http://rebeccaclews.blogspot.com/2008/05/dotties-world-challenge.html
Love Becky xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Well there are some great cards being produced ladies. As of yet I havent had chance to do mine but my DD has, shes 11 and loves Dottie George and the cats too. Its on my blog.

Unknown said...

my diver george card is on my blog now :)

Unknown said...

Thanks girls for another amazing challenge. On the write up you said it was an easy one, however I found it so hard. I think havening a 'set' embellishment list was daunting. So after just under 5 days thinking about it I produced the card on my blog. I love it. Thanks so so much, cant wait untill sunday now for the next challenge.

Sam said...

Great challenge and samples. I have used the George at Work download for this one. Still not entirely happy with white space at the top, but couldn't decide what to put there.
Sam x

Sammi said...

It took me a while as I only got a chance today to make a card for this challenge but I just scrape in this week...

Here is my card

Jac’s Playground said...

I've just managed to complete this weeks challenge and its over on my blog, talk about cutting it fine! Great challenge and great cards ladies

Donna said...

Hi, i got the recipe wrong, i never was a good cook, but my entry is on my blog anyway if you want to check it out. x
http://luvocardz.blogspot.com/2008/05/dotties-challenge-entry.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin