Sunday 11 May 2008

Yay Challenge Day! Bits N' Pieces

Goooood Morning Sunday!


Well here it is, the day you've all been waiting for, CHALLENGE DAY!

There'll be a new challenge each week to get those Dottie and George brain cells all exercised and plumped up so make sure you drop by for your weekly workout and tell all your friends too.

Right the first challenge is set by me (Louise). I want you to make a card or layout using paper piecing on any Dottie or George image, but that's not all! I want you then to use the same paper as part of your card's background. Have a look at yesterday's tutorial for some paper piecing tips.

Once you've finished your creation make sure you link up to us and leave a comment so we can come and visit. There's no prize as such - the challenges are just for fun, but we are always on the lookout for our Dottie/George crafter of the month to win the free, 'one off' image'.

Here are our design team examples.....LouiseLouise (Sorry it's an old one - but a good example)Nicola

Nicola

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards ladies, looking forward to having a go at this.

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card lou!! Love the paper!!
Nicola.xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for a fab challenge girls. Amazing cards, really love the golfing George :) I have never paper pieced before and I thought it would be hard. It wasnt it was really simple. Anyways my first attempt at a Dotties world challange can be seen in my blog ~ just click my name ;)

Looking forward to aome more challenges :)

Beth said...

Woo hoo! I've been looking forward to the new challenges! I've combined mine with another though, I hope that's ok! :) My card is on my blog, thanks for looking!

Eve said...

Fantastic idea, i ended up making 2 and couldnt make my mind up what one to use so i put them both on there!! I loved this technique.
Check my entries out www.evescraft.blogspot.com or click on my name

Eve

Jo said...

wow some great cards peeps. I've had a quick go. Hope to try again tomorrow. Mine is on my blog

Jac’s Playground said...

Ok now I have a blog! hopefully! Thanks for the great challenge looking forward to next Sunday now.

Sammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sammi said...

sorry - having a shocker with html etc tonight...

I love your cards! They look Fabulous!!!

My attempt at paper piecing Dottie is on my blog

Adele said...

I ignored nearly all the things I should have done today to make a Dottie challenge!!! LOL

How could I resist! Thank you.

love Dingle.x

Donna said...

This has been great fun, i made my Dottie card today and i'm loving this paper piecing technique, look forward to the next challenge.

Denise said...

fab cards ladies - I haven't done paper piecing before but am itching to have a go now..x

Shirley said...

Some good cards here by the designers and everyone else... enjoyed looking through everyone elses blogs.

Ive added my card to my blog. looking forward to next weeks challenge now

ella bella said...

great challenge :) the cards by the DT are all fab :)her is mine, thanks for looking :)

http://ellabella08.blogspot.com/2008/05/three-challenges-in-one.html

Leo said...

I've had a play too! :-D

Just put it on my blog, http://scribblesnscrappin.blogspot.com/

Jac’s Playground said...

Yay done another paper pieced card, its on my blog, this is getting very addictive

Tasha said...

Fab challange

here's my card

Sam said...

What a fun challenge. Mine is on my blog now.
Sam x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin