Saturday 14 June 2008

Sunday challenge#6

Well its Sunday again and time for another Challenge.

This weeks Challenge I thought I would go easy on you!

It is .......Floral...


Using a download or downloads I want you to incorporate Floral with it in your card,layout or item,it could be Dottie's dress,Georges flowers,Holly,backing paper,embellishments whatever your imagination can conjure up,we'd love to see them. Don't forget to leave a comment so we can go and have a look at your wonderful creation!!

There are some fabulous example cards from the design team to give you some ideas.

~Nicola~ I used Ballerina Dottie from 'Dress up Dottie' using rose petals for her tutu,the flowers are from 'Wings and Flowers' disc available at Charmed cards,I added string beads to the flowers and her tutu,also I embossed the frame with Curly Swirls Cuttlebug folder
~Louise~ Louise has made a simply stunning card using 'Leo' from 'Zodiac Dottie' and Dream Street papers,which are available from Charmed Cards, the orchids from Primas are beautiful,as the pink carries through to the paper.
~Juliet~ Juliet has done a fantastic job,using the 'Ice skater' image from the Christmas Collection,she used non-traditional Christmas colours and they work fantastically with the image!! The paper is Basic Grey Two Scoops



~Karen~


This is Karen's amazing card,look at all the little gems and brads! She has used 'Corner Cats' from the Cat collection and Dottie from the 'Dress up dottie' collection ~Nicola~


This journal was made using 'The Silhouette cat' from the Cat Collection .Using my ever faithful iron-on transfer papers, running it though the printer to produce a black and white image,then added the colour with a red watercolour pen and the faux stitching was made using a Archival fine tip black pen.



This card is using 'The Sleeping Kitty ' image from the Cat Collection ,printed on Basic Grey papers, I paper pieced the cat with Sultry BG & the flowers are taken from 'Wings and flowers' disc,available at Charmed Cards and Craft . I cut an aperture in the card and added the sentiment inside the card.
Have fun trying out the Challenge

Nicola.xx

17 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Those cards are beautiful ladies, you have given us another fab challenge, and some wonderful inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Louly said...

Oh my word! Where do I begin? All of the cards are jaw droppingly stunning. Juliet, yours brought such a big smile to my face, that Dottie is so comical the way she's zipping past on her skates so confidently, I can just imagine her going crash any minute! Nicola, well, what can I say? Simply amazing, I love how you've cut out the circle aperture on the sleepy cat one. The book looks fab too, I'm going to have a go at making a cushion with some of that printable cotton today - it's for a magazine though so I'm not allowed to show you.
Karen, I don't know where you get your ideas from, what an imagination you have! I love the cats in the corner and I love the way you have flower Dottie peeping through. Very clever! Well done girlies. I've patted myself on my back for mine too. xx

Jo said...

I really enjoyed this challenge and have tried to be different again. My effort is on my blog. thanks for the challenge. i have made this card for my little girls birthday. She loves Dotty and is mad on ballet. Love the Design Teams Cards, as always truly inspirational.

Juliet said...

Louise, Karen and Nicola - just wanted to say I love all your cards, they are so gorgeous and you are so clever!
Juliet xx

valerie said...

more great cards and fab inspiration here is mine for this week

Karen Mortensen said...

Nicola, Juliet and Lou - FAB work girls!! xxx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Not so happy with this week's card, but I've had a go! I think I'm just tired, had a busy weekend, etc. Might do another one later this week!

Glad you said we could use holly cos I'm not particularly a floral kind of a girl!

Thanks again for the challenge - looking forward to next week too!
Ruth xx

Unknown said...

Wow Wow Wow, you girls get better and better each week, those cards ae amazing. Very nice use of the different downlaods too.

Mine can be seen on my blog, I really liked going this weeks challenge, very refreshing.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love the DT cards! My effort for this week is here:-

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/06/dotties-world-floral.html

Becky said...

I love the theme this week and the DT work just gets better every week!! The examples are too stunning for words! Well done everyone!
My Dottie Creation
Just off to look at everyone's creations!
Love Becky xx

Unknown said...

my hot colour dottie is on my blog now :)

Tasha said...

Fab cards Design Team!

Here's mine

http://tassiescraftiethings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Lovely cards ladies!

I've decided to have a go and mine is on my blog. I tried to do a link and failed lol!

Sammi said...

Oh wow!!! Amazing cards ladies - absolutely stunning!! :)

I'm just scraping in but I could not let the week go by without doing the Dottie's world challenge!!

My cards is the top post on my blog

THANKS!! :)

Donna said...

Jumping in at the last minute as usual lol. Here is my entry
http://luvocardz.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-weeks-challenge-on-dotties-world.html

Jac’s Playground said...

Just managed to get my challenge card uploaded in time, cut it fine again this week. Hope you like.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin