Sunday 27 July 2008

Sunday Challenge - Animal Magic!

Hi everyone, Juliet here hoping you're having a sizzling weekend in this gorgeous weather.

This week's Sunday Challenge is all about animals (well we all love them don't we?), birdies or bugs. As usual use an image of Dottie, George or the Cats but you can use Dottie dressed as an animal (there are quite a few!), you could use animal backing papers or you could add a separate embellishment(s), as I have done with the little bug, the owl stamp and Dottie's cat.

I have used Knitting Dottie from the 'Dottie at Home' collection, Basic Grey papers, Prima flowers (all available from http://charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/ ), and I decoupaged Dottie's face, hair, cat, slippers and arms so her hands hold the knitting needles.


Nicola has used Leo Dottie from the 'Zodiac Collection'. She created the circular sentiment by following the tutorial at Charmed and the birds and swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder was brayered with Memento inks - how fab is that effect!!!
Louise used Dream Street papers for her card and the flowers are Prima orchids – all available from Charmed. She took the large centres out of the orchids to ensure the card would fit in the envelope and added some spotty brads instead. I love these papers and I adore this Dottie image which is from the 'Dress up Dottie' collection.

I hope you enjoy the challenge and as always we can't wait to see all your cards - don't forget to leave a link to your blog.

Happy crafting,
Juliet xx

13 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Great challenge, already have some ideas going round inside my head but unfortuneately we have to go out today so it will have to wait till later. Juliet your card is awesome, I love those wee knitting needles, Nicola that embossed and inked background panel looks gorgeous and Lou those colours are so vibrant and Dottie looks great in blue, everytime I see this image it is different I really must get round to doing one myself. Have a great week everyone looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Jac x

Louly said...

Brilliant challenge Julietxxx
Nicola and Juliet your cards are fabulous (as always!)you do such a great job. I don't know what I'd do with out my three designer buddies.

Nicola said...

Great challenge, Juliet your card is brilliant love the litle owl on the flower! and lou your colours are always so bright and vibrant gorgeous card.
Nicola.xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This I found very hard lol! I love the cards you have done, excellent as always :o)

My attempt at this challenge is on my blog.

I did link to my blog but it would only open in the pop up comment window - can anyone help me as to what I did wrong?

Jo said...

FOUND THIS REALLY DIFFICULT - ANIMal cards are not my thing but had a go - not overly happy with it. great examples - love them ALL

Karen Mortensen said...

Great challenge Juliet and super examples as always girls. Love them all!!

Sammi said...

Great challenge!!! I LOVE your cards ladies!!! Mine is on my blog... dragged my sister in tonight too!!

Love Sammi
xxx

Nicky said...

Hello Love your cards they are soo cute. I've attempted this week's challenge and it is on my blog.

Arline said...

Great challenge! DTs cards are brill! Here is my attempt! My Card

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great challenge and as I just got the new release I had to use the Love Birds!

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/07/love-birds.html

Becky said...

Great challenge and DT work is stunning! Like Wendy, I've also used the love birds!
My Card
Love Becky xx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Helloooooo! Is there anyone there??? I'm running late with this one - but I've just added it to my blog...
Hugs Ruth x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin