Saturday 12 July 2008

Sunday Challenge#10

Hello on this bright and sunny Sunday Morning!! lol!!
This is Nicola and it my turn for the Challenge,which is
Rhinestones...Ribbon and Raised...
Raised can be corregated/textured Card,embossed paper,3d card or just foam pads, the choice is yours.
There are some fabulous cards this week.
Nicola~
I made a pop up card and 4 Georges, I made them different sizes on Word,all from Rock til you drop Download. I used the drummer image and changed his head to match the other 3, one looks remarkably like Elton rather than John lol!! Karen~
Karen took ages on this card and it shows it is truly fantastic!! The image is from Rock til you Drop

Groovy Card:
Rhinestones: Leaves on the border
Ribbon: Raffia Ribbon bow
Raised: Scallop squares embossed with "Bloom Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder. "Groovy" mounted on extra thick chipboard
For Karens next card she used another image from Rock til you drop for

Our Moment Card:
Rhinestones: K&Co Smitten Rhinestone Hearts
Ribbon: American Crafts Green Polka Dot ribbon
Raised: Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The centre is mounted on chipboard.
Juliet~

For her really Pretty card she used Ballerina Dottie from dress up Dottie download, K&Co Hopscotch papers from Charmed, ribbon on the ballet slippers, rhinestones on Dottie's tiara and ballet skirt and the skirt, the sentiment and ballet slippers are all raised


Louise~
Wonderful card she used Vegas George from Rock til you drop download. There are gems on his trousers, gem brads on the corner and black gems on the bottom centre of the card. The guitar is cut out and raised on foam pads and the guitar strap is a piece of ribbon. The foam, star ribbon is really thick so that works for the raised element too




I hope you agree there is some amazing inspiration in this weeks bundle of cards, get your thinkng caps on and leave us a link so we can go and have a look at your creations.Have fun.
Nicola.xx








21 comments:

Louly said...

Oh my Gaaawwwd! This week I'm the one feeling all inadequate!I don't know wer to begin! Nicola, your beatles card is amazing! andII agree it certaily looks like Elton has joind the crew PMSL. Juliet yours is so beautiful, I really do love that ballet skirt and the little buttons on the sentiment look fab!. Now, Karen.....I'm a lttle bit speechles over your Hippy card, it's so dreamy. I love her green hair, the tree in the background, the gem leaves all the layering and the doodling is devine!I'm not surprised it took you ages.
Thank for setting such a fab challenge Nicola, you've obviously inspired us three.xxxx

Juliet said...

These are amazing girls. Just love the Beatles card Nicola - what a fab idea! Karen, the detail of your card is just beautiful, the colours, everything!
And Louise, how COULD you feel inadequate? Your Vegas George is stunning, as always Lou. Well done girlies! Can't wait to see more cards for this challenge.
Juliet xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Great challenge Nicola.

Yes, it's true - my Groovy card took me ages as inspiration trickled, rather than ran!

Nicola, I lurve your pop-up card! As soon as I saw I thought Elton, what an amazing likeness LOL. Very well made card.
Juliet, love the way you hung up the Hopscotch ballerina slippers, and the tuile with the rhinestones. Fab card!
Lou, love the ribbon over the shoulder, what a great idea! The colours of your card are fab and the rhinestones on his trousers just perfect.Super card.
Look forward to seeing what our girlies come up with :o)

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh and psstt, that hair is meant to be yellow Lou ROFLPM

Sue said...

OH WOW, all these creations are absolutely wonderful...what a very talented team you are and i've enjoyed looking at these cards very much.Right girls i'd best get me thinking cap on and pray i have enough ink left in me printer to do this fabby challenge:-)

Sue
xx

Jo said...

OMG fantastic cards again this week!! The DT is truely inspirational.
My take on this weeks challenge can be seen here

Kristine said...

Wow! Stunning cards!
I love the beatles card with Elto John look;)
Hugs
Kristine ;)

Ruth (ooffee) said...

WOW WOW WOW - what an amazing collection of cards! You lot are amazing! My little card is on my blog now, but like Lou - I'm feeling all inadequate.

BTW Juliet, that's another image used! LOL!

Have a happy day!
Ruth x

Sarah C said...

Woweee, you ladies have surpassed yourselves with these cards. I loved doing last weeks challenge, so will definately have a go at this one :D xx

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it was done...but it is super spectacular! Awesome job ladies...applause, applause.

Anonymous said...

Excellent challenge Nicola and ladies your cards are fabulous! I won't be joining in this week but I'll be next Sunday to see what fun we can all have.

Sue said...

Well done ladies,lots of inspiration there:-)

Well I did have enough ink so you will find my challenge card of Dottie and George posing on my blog
Here is my card

Sue
xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I just had to use Vegas George for this one - I know so many people that this would suit! I am loving the new set - flippin marvelous images!

craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/07/vegas-george.html

Linnie said...

Wow fab cards well done to all the team the images are great.

luv
linnie

Denise said...

Wow - how do you follow those ! Off to get my thinking cap on - (hope I can find it !!) x

Denise said...

Oops- two posts - here's mine

valerie said...

more fantastic cards they inspired me to make a get well card for my boss's wife my first request to make one for someone

http://dottydottyscreations.blogspot.com/2008/07/more-dottie.html

Becky said...

I have actually found the time to make a card this week! Sorry for my absence these past few weeks, I hope I will be excused lol! Can't believe how creative everyone is getting with their downloads, the examples this week are truely stunning!
My Card
Love Becky xx

Adele said...

I struggled this week as I don't "do" bling and didn't have any rhinestones....but couldn't miss out on the fun!!

Stunning examples once again-thank you for the inspiration.

love Dingle.x

Sammi said...

I was slow again!! I'll hope to get in earlier for the next one :)
Oh wow... Ladies, ladies - your cards are absolutely amazing! I love them all!! :)
My attempt is Here

Jac’s Playground said...

Done it but only just with 40 mins to spare! Fab challenge and some awesome cards from the DT as always, sorry havent had chance to get round to everyones cards yet but I will. Jac x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin