Sunday 11 January 2009

PURE and SIMPLE!

Last time I set a challenge for you back at the beginning of December I asked you to use texture, lots of ribbon, lace etc..... The lovely Ruth left a comment that got me thinking!

"Thanks for the challenge, Adele - I'm usually a bit scared of adding too much to my cards so this will be a good opportunity to stretch myself a little!Ruth xx"

For me I have gone to the other extreme almost, I see a blank bit of card and I feel I have to cover it, glitter it, stick a flower on it....whatever...but I need to add that detail. Right, no more waffle and on with the challenge.

This week I want your creations to be PURE & SIMPLE! No patterned papers, just clean, fresh and simple. I don't want any fuss on our creations this week. You can include any Charmed download, the choice is yours!
I set this challenge to the team weeks ago but when it came down to actually creating, I thought, my goodness, what have I done!
Let's see what the team have come up with!











Juliet




Karen



Cannot wait to see what you all come up with so make sure you pop back and leave a link!

20 comments:

Jean Peters said...

Did my first challenge for last week, and looks like I am the first to post for this week. Love the challenge - I prefer clean and simple, as I lack the courage and the creative idea most times to embellish my cards.

Here is my entry.

Jean x

Adele said...

Thank you for some wonderful creations again ladies! Off to do a bit of blog hopping now!

love Dingle.xx

SweetPea said...

some beautiful cards from the team, oooh plain and simple, off to get my thinking cap on! Have a nice week x

Anonymous said...

I really like the cards from the design team, quite often less is more lol

I'll be back...

Joanna said...

Woo Hoo! i have been looking forward to this challenge as i have been saving scruff especially!!

These are all gorgeous!!

My attempt is on my blog :)

Jo x

Nicky said...

Lovely cards funny how when you are told not to not to use something it makes you think of it even more, off to do some blog hopping

SweetPea said...

My first card for this week's challenge is on my blog, but I can see this being a week where I can make more than one :o) Hope you like it, Helen x

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Well, famous at last!
Talk about extremes, Adele!
Sorry to everyone who likes to use lots of papers and embellies...but what's life without a challenge?

Love your cards, ladies - I am doing the rounds of people's blogs, so look out for me visiting you soon!

Well my card is on my blog, if you'd like to take a look! Here it is!

Nicky said...

i could not resist doing another card for the challenge it can be found on my blog

Amelia said...

I have completed my entry for the challenge which is now on my blog. It isn't a card because I was short on time so I hope it still fits. I like the entries I have seen so far.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Nice challenge and great DT cards!

Here is mine and it is about as uncluttered as you are gonna get from me!! lol!


http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2009/01/love-birds.html

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What lovely Design Team cards. Scruff looks well at home. Here is my attempt at a card:

http://kyms-crafty-cards.blogspot.com/2009/01/dotties-world-challenge-11-1-09.html

Kym

Claire Mackaness said...

It's not really plain, but it is without the old favourite of PP!! Heres mine

Jac’s Playground said...

awesome work ladies and a great challenge. My entry is here TFL

Shell said...

Hello to everyone, this is my first go at one of dotties world challenges. all the DT cards are fab. you can see my card HERE
thanks for looking shell x

Christine Phillips said...

Pure & Simple challenge cardHeres mine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My effort is here

Tip Top said...

Hehehe! The image I coloured for last weeks challenge which I didn't use in the end did not go to waste! Here is mine!

Ultramum said...

Hi all - in at the death this week as life has been busy!

My entry is here

Blog Widget by LinkWithin