Tuesday 20 January 2009

A Room With a View

Hello all you lovely folk out there,


Can I start by saying, any mistakes in this post are due to me being completely deprived of sleep so I'll be going up to my bed shortly because I just can't function ((yawn)).
I'm so excited about the new collection (probably why I can't sleep) because it opens the doors to far more crafty opportunities, I'm a big fan of 'thinking outside the box' (a phrase many hate - sorry) and this new set lends itself to so many fresh ideas.
You can add a picture to the inside of your card or even the back (like in my butterfly one) you could make a spinning picture inside an aperture (I'll be showing you how to do that soon) you could make double sided tags or ATCs or you could even make a shaped front and back of a book!
This card uses the 'Room With a View' image and it shows how you can add an extra dimension to your work by adding the reverse view inside the card......


Look at that cute lil' bum!

Isn't it enlightening to see what goes on behind the scenes? Just wait 'til you see what mischief George gets up too!


I've made the window 'pop out' by folding the windows forward slightly. I then intertwined some swirls around it which I cut on my Silhouette. The scallop edged card blank was cut on my Silhouette too, I've been using it loads lately! I added some Mullberry flowers to the window box, I have to say, I had that idea in mind when I was drawing this image, I knew it would look fab with miniature flowers added.

If you're itching to get your hands on this set of downloads just pop over to Charmed Cards and Crafts, you could be creating with them this afternoon because you don't have to wait for the postman!

5 comments:

Trace Dee said...

Louise these are fantastic. I downloaded them last night at 9pm when i got home from college. i have sat and cut some out this afternoon and hopefully will have something to show later.

Well Done Hunny



Love

Tracey

Sarah C said...

What a fabulous card as always Lou. I downloaded the set when I got in from my niece's birthday party. I have plans for the cheeky George with Dottie already.

I hope you get some sleep. You cannot live on Dottie and George alone xxxx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Yet another great collection - that George is just sooooo cheeky. I had a good giggle when I first saw them and just had to download straight away!

Well done again Lou, now make sure you get some rest!
Ruth xx

Nicky said...

Great card great collection will be downloading them as soon as I get on my main pc

Anonymous said...

The collection looks fantastic Lou, I'll no doubt be purchasing before too long x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin