Tuesday 27 January 2009

Understanding Women's Vocabulary

Hi folks Louise here,
Ages ago on the Charmed Craft Talk Forum somebody shared a fabulously funny (but true!) guide about understanding women's vocabulary, here is a snippet of it....

"Fine" This is the word we use at the end of any argument that we feel we are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use "Fine" to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

"Five Minutes" This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the rubbish, so I feel that it's an even trade.

"Nothing" This means something and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine".

Well I thought it would be a handy thing for my husband to be aware of so I decided to make it into a little Survival Guide for him. Here's what I came up with....


I used the Back to Front 'Cheeky' images for the covers and bound it together on my bind it all (it went a bit wrong though - hence the bent binding wire!)
Here's the title page...

I don't think he was as amused as I was but hey ho that's men for you, who's going to offer to write us a book on understanding men? Any offers? Let's face it, it would hardly take a genius!

Have a lovely day

Louise xxx

9 comments:

Anjie said...

I think your guide book is fabulous Louise. I don't think there is anyone that could understand men!

Sarah C said...

rofl what an utterly fantastic idea Lou. There'd never be a book on understanding men as they are quite simple folk really!! xoxo

Jac’s Playground said...

Hee Hee really like this. I have an email somewhere with these little sayings must look them out and do something similar would make a great fun wedding pressie!x

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! don't think that they make BIA wires big enough to bind a book on understanding mens vocab!
It would be larger than war and peace.

No man in my life at the moment (could that be why i feel so happy?)

Karen Mortensen said...

That's priceless Lou, I love it!!! What a great idea for a gift for the man in your life for any occasion. FAB!!! xxxx

miodo_oka said...

Oświadczam, że zostałaś wyróżniona na blogu
bibelociara.blogspot.com/2009/01/kreativ-blogger-kolejne-mie-wyroznienie.html
logiem Kreativ blogger:)

Pozdrawiam ...

Carol Ann said...

What a brilliant idea certainly made me laugh! x

Unknown said...

this is fantastic i think I might make one for my OH for valentines day, Its wonderful. If we were to write one about understanding men I think there would definitely have to be something to do with dissapearing and making themselves busy to avoid helping with anything

Uneekdolldesigns said...

LOL! I am sure they feel the same way aobut us as women! It's what makes the world go round!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin