Monday 16 March 2009

Monday Mojo goes Oriental

Tis Monday again and a whole week until the weekend! If you need something to spur you on then keep visiting Dottie's World throughout the week as we try to inspire with creations from our design team. Today is my Monday Mojo spot and I have gone oriental with the gorgeous Madison in China (although Japan is of course equally applicable).

The frame surrounding Madison was cut on my Silhouette then air brushed with Copic markers to match the colours on the parasol,. The main paper, ribbon, butterfly and Japanese symbol embellishments are all from the DCWV Far East collection. Lush fabric brads are K&Co Ancestry and pearls are K&Co Margo. The black brads in the ribbon are Basic Grey and flowers are Prima. Everything is available at Charmed Cards & Crafts. I don't know if you can see it but the paper is textured with symbols all over it. The symbols are also on the ribbon and here, perhaps also not apparent on the picture, the purple from the ribbon has been carried onto Madison's kimono suit thingie.

If you don't fancy cutting out all the little bits on the parasol then cut around the image as in the card below. Here Madison has gone blonde.


...and for my artistic shot here is the second card amongst some of my beautiful orchids...


Keep working on that sketch I gave you yesterday :-)
Have a wonderful day
Karen xx

8 comments:

Louly said...

Oh Karen what a beauty! I love how you've given two variations. So, how on earth did you find that fabulous silhouette frame before me?!!! Is it new?

Juliet said...

What a fantastic use of this image Karen - just beautiful. The flowers and the frame are gorgeous and I love the unusual colour combo too!
Juliet xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Not sure when that frame came out Lou, but I'm soooo glad I found it before you ha ha ha wooo... ♥

debra said...

oooooooh this is just beautful really love the colours and everything about it.
Debra xx

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

GORGEOUS!! What a fab card! Love the umbrealla both ways!
hugz
deb

Ruby said...

Karen, your card is GORGEOUS!! I love the colours, they are beautiful!

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! Fabulous cards. The colours are fantastic.

Betty J Schaub said...

WOWZA Karen these are lovely! So much attention to detail!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin