Wednesday 18 March 2009

Mother's Day

Hi folks, Louise here.


It's become a bit of a tradition in our family for me to take my mum, mother-in-law and daughter for a girls night out to the theatre for mothers day, well you run out of things to buy them don't you.

This year there have been a lot of fabulous productions on at Hull New Theatre so it was hard to choose. I really wanted to go and see Dinner Ladies but in the end I opted for My Fair Lady as a good one for the mums.

I like to try and incorporate the tickets into the cards so these two cards are what I came up with...
I know the Holly in London image is more Mary Poppins than Eliza Doolittle but it's the closest I could get LOL. The papers are Crate Paper and the shapes were cut on my Silhouette.

I had one of those fabulous moments of discovery when I put the flowers together, both flowers were the same size but I wanted to be able to see the green and the cream when they were layered so I made a cut to the centre of the cream flower then made it into a slight cone by overlapping two of the petals and gluing. I like how it gives a 3D funnel effect AND I can see the other flower better.


We've had an email entry for this week's challenge and it's fab!! Take a look.....


It's by Sandra Fox

Thanks for playing Sandra - it's such a fun card

Have a lovely day folks

Louise xx

5 comments:

Juliet said...

Just beautiful Louise! That's it - I've been without a Silhouette long enough!!!
Sandra - your George card is just amazing. There's so much to look at!

Karen Mortensen said...

Gorgeous cards Louise!!! What a wonderful idea to have an all-girl's night out like that for Mother's Day.
xx

Claire Mackaness said...

I just love that card, it's Luvverly, Luvverly, Luvverly!

Enjoy your show

Katy said...

Gorgeous cards Louise, I adore that image and the papers :) Have a fabby time

xx

Sarah C said...

What a fantastic idea for Mothers Day and 2 fabulous cards as well :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin