Monday 20 April 2009

Meet Mikey!!

Ooh I do love introducing new collections. Louise has created a super new collection to go with the Holly & Madision bundles, featuring Mikey, boyfriend of Madison - although I am sure the girls will fight over this hunky dude!


On this card I layered the image on several mats cut out with Nestabilities Label Three dies. I tried to make the smaller patches at the back look like jean pockets. All the chipboard is by Rusty Pickle, the stars were coloured with my Copics, and the rest inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "broken china". The ink was also used for inking all the edges on everything else. The dotted paper is K&Co Broken China.

TOP TIP:
I created the "Cool" sentiment in MS Word, using the Word Art facility. To enable me to layer it on my image I double-clicked on Mikey and chose his layout as "Behind text". This then meant I could move him to where I wanted him in relation to the text. Once I was happy with position I simply printed it out. Again this illustrates the versatility of the digi-stamps.



The new collection will be available to buy next weekend.

Have a lovely Monday. Remember - if your week drags then just daydream a little of Mikey, you're going to get your mitts on him soon enough :-)
Karen ♥♥♥


15 comments:

tracy said...

Wow am I glad you bought out some teenage boy designs its Madison will definetly have to keep a firm grip!

Ruth (ooffee) said...

WOW! Just what I need! You girls are terrific! Stamps AND digi-downloads ... GREAT!!! xx

Louly said...

Karen I had to pop on before I went to work, this is so cool! It's so good to see Mikey off the drawing board and on a card and boy what a card, I love it! I must get some nesties.

Juliet said...

He IS cool! Brilliant card Karen - love the colours and the 'jeans' idea.

pinky said...

He is brilliant, really cool. Thanks for the word tip.
Pinky

Bea said...

What a cool idea as I often struggle with bloke type cards and these will fit the bill perfect
Bea x

Anonymous said...

I agree....really cool!! :) Well done. And its a fab card!

Vanessa.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Wow Mikey looks so cool. I think he will make fab man and teenager cards look forward to seeing the rest of the collection, hugs Pascale

Jac’s Playground said...

Awesome work as always! Have just been and preordered Annie but kept enough back for this handsome yong man!x

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful job! This is a lovely card. and that 'Mikey' image!!
Well, I can almost hear Paris Hilton... "He's HOTTT!"

Too cute!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea for a collection and so needed too. I'll be getting them that's for sure xxx

Anne said...

he looks great, it'll be fantastic to have some male setshugs
Anne x

having a {me} day said...

Fabulous card Karen, I love it! katxx

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning!

XxJULESxX said...

well done!!!love the image!!the card is gorgeous!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin