Friday 16 May 2008

Fabric Journal-Cat Collection

Hello, I was so excited when Louise showed me the her new designs in the Cat collection! They immediately gave me the thought of New England, Colonial Quilts and appliqued fabrics!. Which gave me the inspiration for my first Journal .
I made it using a Fabric Iron on transfer,I printed the Silhouette Cat, from the new Cat Collection,available at Charmed Cards and Crafts,on the a4 transfer sheet with my pc printer,then I added the colour by using Watercolour pens and added the stitch detail using a permanent Micron Archival pen,cut it out and ironed it on to the fabric.
Techie bit:- The fabric Transfer sheet, has a chemical reaction with normal printer ink,which are water based,as are the watercolour pens,when you use a Hot dry iron for 20seconds on the transfer it makes it Waterproof and washable.
I used my Cropadile to make the holes in the outside cover and paper inside,adding eyelets & then threaded the matching ribbon to hold it all together. My daughter now proudly takes it everywhere she goes



Nicola.xx

6 comments:

Louly said...

OMG!!!!!!!This is just perfection Nicola! I totally and utterly love it to bits! The fabrics are just right. How does the iron on transfer work? Is it something you printed onto?

Nicola said...

Hi Lou, the fabric Transfer sheet, has a chemical reaction with normal printer ink,which are water based,as are the watercolour pens,when you use a Hot dry iron for 20seconds on the transfer it makes it Waterproof and washable.
Thankyou .xxx

Sarah C said...

Wow, you have some great ideas Nicola ((hugs)) xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Ooohh, that's rather scrummy!! I love it!

Chriss Rollins said...

You clever girl Nicola love New England 'stuff'
Although I cover Note books to personalise them, I havnt tried with fabrics.

thanx for sharing

Donna said...

It just goes perfect with the cats, well done its fantastic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin