Saturday 21 June 2008

Astronaut George!

.....'but I don't remember seeing an astronaut George', I hear you say! Well, you are right, but I wanted to show how the image of 'Racing George' from the 'Sports George' collection can be adapted, as the space theme is really popular now for boys.I coloured George's suit with a silver marker using an old paint brush and water. The water doesn't mix very well with the silver, but persevere and it will give a good effect. For the helmet I punched a circle from acetate and cut off one side as you can see from this photo.

I am still on my mission to use more images and am really glad so many are joining me. There's no time limit on this at all - just let us know when your cards are on your blogs, cos we want to see!
Have a great weekend and don't forget to visit tomorrow for a fabulous Sunday Challenge from Louise!
TFL, Juliet xxx

4 comments:

Louly said...

I love it,I love it,I love it! How clever are you! I really like the acetate helmet idea.
I've had a go at your challenge, I'll show my card on my blog for now.
Lou xx

Nicola said...

Great card, i have this pack of mens backing paper. Love the way you carried the colour through.
Nicola.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Love your card Juliet, it's smashing!! I've used this George as an astronaut too :o)

I've also had a go at your challenge Juleit and used a Dottie I had yet to try. It's on my blog.
xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

What a fabby idea, love the whole card looks great. DD has taken up the challenge too and we have decided that we will both make cards using the same image and see what we can come up with and how different we end up making them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin