Wednesday 4 June 2008

....if friends were flowers!!

Good Morning and welldone Juliet for your wonderful first post.
As I put the boat and sand bags out ready for the next bout of flooding it reminded me of summer and flowers!!
For this card I used an image from Dress up Dottie and the well known sentiment,which I love, I added using Word Art on the pc. I printed once on the Basic Grey paper and 3 times on plain paper, then I added one full Dottie, which I embellished with watercolour pens,Sakura Gelly roll clear glitter pen and holographic glitter for her Arum lillies she is holding. I then cut the whole head out of another piece of paper and then just the head dress removing Dotties face and added to the image giving a decoupage effect. I added faux stitching and base of flowers with an archival pen,then finished off with the metallic pink brads for the flowers.
Nicola.xx

7 comments:

Louly said...

Oh that's really gorgeous. When you zoom in you can see all the sparkles on the petals. I love it Nicola - but then, I've never seen a card by you that I haven't loved. xx

valerie said...

she is so lovley what a fab idea for a friend

Val

Jac’s Playground said...

gorgeous card, very pretty and I love that sentiment too.

~Emma~ said...

Hi girls! I just wanted to pop over and say a very big WELL DONE to you all. As we knew would happen Dottie and George are taking over the world!!!
I'm loving watching the whole 'Dottie' thing get bigger and bigger on a daily basis and its so exciting!
Many congratulations to you all!x

Karen Mortensen said...

Great card Nicola. I love that well known saying too :o)

Juliet said...

This is lovely Nicola, so delicate and I love the decoupaged petals around Dottie's head.
xx

Anonymous said...

adorable colors!

arlene,
Silverdale flowers

Blog Widget by LinkWithin