Saturday 27 September 2008

At home for Christmas with Dottie

Welcome to Dottie's at Christmas!!
This card is only a5 in size(a4 in half) I imported the images to word from The Christmas Collection of Downloads of course from Charmed Cards,checkout the blinkie,takes you straight to them. I reduced the size to almost stamps size to get the scale right for the house.
I used a dolls house template from Helping Hands Template

The roof lifts up to reveal the upper floor or Attic, I put the lil dots up there in their own bedroom,these are from the Love and marriage Collection of downloads,also the wedding picture downstairs is too.
I added fencing,cut to a smaller size and covered the house with snow writer,I love this stuff!!
I whipped up the bedrooms furniture out of brown paper and watercolour pens
The front sections open up to reveal the downstairs. The only things not from the Dottie downloads are the fireplace,in the left window & the poinsettia plant inside on the right window.

Nicola.xx

8 comments:

Louly said...

OMG!!!! I can't believe what I'm seeing! All this is only A5 size???? Nicola you are amazing, there's no two ways about that! The detail you've put into this creation is just out of this world. I bet your daughter wants to get her hands on this!
I wish I could shrink myself like Alice in Wonderland and go for an explore through this amazing house. So, "who would live in a house like this? the clues are there!"

Adele said...

Don't know what to say except WOW!!

How long did that take you Nicola?

Fantastic!!

love Dingle.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Woohoo! That's some card!! Must have taken you ages Nicola!! It's fab! xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh my Nicola that house card is totally awesome, it must have taken you ages, your attention to detail is amazing and it is hard to believe that it is really only A5 in isze too. xx

Teresa said...

omg this has to be the coolest thing I've seen for ages! well done for having the imagination and patience to make it - you are a papercraft goddess!!!!

Ruth (ooffee) said...

GASP! OH WOW! OH MY GOODNESS! WOW WOW WOW! This is just soooooo amazing. How long did it take? What patience! OH MY .....

I've run out of words - I am speechless! Totally in awe of your skill...

WOW!

Donna said...

Holy moly Nicola, this is absolutely brilliant, I spot something different everytime I look inside lol! I love the little baby's in their cribs, they're so sweet :) Donna x

Juliet said...

Amazing Nicola - I absolutely LOVE IT!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin