Monday 24 November 2008

Monday Mojo

Yikes! I almost forgot the Monday Mojo this week! It's been quite a hectic weekend and it totally slipped my mind.

I took the chance to make a card for DH who is to be 40 in a couple of weeks. OK so it's not kind but he will see the funny side (unless his sense of humour gets left behind with his thirties!). I wanted to show you how the downloads can interact with photos, and how great pictures are on greeting cards. It has been a favourite embellishment of mine for years, you can' get much more personal than that!

The card uses Henry Hare from the Animal Magic collection to help me point out the crows feet around this poor man's eyes.

I made another sentiment circle and it's a little cruel, the wording reads "Age is not just a number, it's you getting old!". To soften the blow I placed a crown on top of his head (even though my daughter Aimee proclaimed it to be "girlie"). I think guys like a little humour on their cards, and lets face, you need someone to put a smile on your face when you hit the big 4-0! He he


...and here is the sentiment just for you if you have a 40 year old-to-be to make a card for. Click for large version then right-click and "save as". Usual copyrights apply.



Don't forget to enter yesterday's challenge.



Bye for now


Karen xx

7 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Hee Hee, really like this Karen, made me smile. Great sentiment circle too thanks. xx

Sarah C said...

Brilliant card Karen, he'll love it xxx

Louly said...

ROFL! I love your sense of humour Karen, this is brilliant! The crown works really well - funky I think.
Thanks for the fabulous sentiment circle,I'll add it to my collection.

Juliet said...

He-He Karen - you're soooo cruel!
Love the card though and I'm sure your DH will see the funny side.
Juliet xx
ps Thanks for the circle xx

maddy hill said...

hehee .. love your Henry hare card Karen ..lol at the wrinkles alert !
great sentiment circle to add more humour too !

CraftyC said...

Just what I've been looking for. My hubby is 40 in a few weeks as well!!!
Thanks
Clairex

Adele said...

Just playing a bit of catch up with some comments!!

Saw this earlier in the week Karen and it did make me laugh. Great idea-love it.

Dingle.xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin