Thursday 6 November 2008

New Look Thursday

Hi folks, Louise here.
How are you enjoying our newly spiced up blog? I hope our daily posts are bringing you lots of inspiration.
You might have popped by expecting to see a Customer Thursday feature, well, as part of our blog revamp we've decided to replace Customer Thursday with the mid week mojo feature- they say a change is as good as a rest right? It's not to say we won't be featuring customer's blogs any more, it just won't be a scheduled thing.
Things have been busy here for me since I started my new hours- working from home in the afternoons on my craft projects. I'm quite excited today because I've started work on the new collection, I think you're going to love it but be prepared for something completely different! No more clues for now.
So on to today's card, I made it for my mum's birthday. My mum has been singinng since she could talk and to be honest she missed her calling in life, she could have been a star.
I decided the songbird image would be perfect for her card - the image was actually inspired by my daugher who also loves to sing and entertain.
Here's what I came up with....



I used some real string between the two layers, it looks much better in real life.

If you're familiar with my own blog Crafts By Louly you'll maybe see where the background inspiration came from.

Have a lovely day,

Love Lou xx

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow Lou thats fabulous!! I love that image and what a perfect one for your mum, Happy birthday Mum!!!
Nicola.xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow thats fantastic, I love the addition of the string, must have taken a while cutting all them wee birds out but what a fantastic effect AND what a tease you are, good luck on working with the new collection which I await eagerly. x

Nicky said...

Great card your mum will love it. Looking forward to the new collection

Sarah C said...

This is just adorable Lou. Your mum is gonna love it. Very clever idea with the string xxx

Adele said...

A beautiful card Lou, the string gives so much texture and dimension-your mum will adore it!

love Dingle.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Happy birthday Lou's mum :o)
Super card Lou. I love the way the centre is set into a recess. Fab! xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin