Sunday 4 January 2009

'ave a laugh - Sunday Challenge

Hello happy crafters, Karen here :o) This is my first post in 2009 so HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. This first challenge of the new year was inspired somewhat by the merriment's of New Years Eve, long may that happy carefree feeling continue!!

Continue it will, at least here on Dottie's World with this weeks challenge. I am a demon for incorporating funny elements onto my work, well I think they're funny anyway LOL, and I want to see what you can do to make us all smile. This then is the challenge: "Start the New Year with a Laugh" . I simply want to see "something funny" on your project; what you use and how you make it is up to you, as long as you use one of the Charmed downloads.


If you enter this weeks challenge you are going to get your lucky mitts on the fabulous Scruff in his bath. Louise is very kindly giving it to you FREE OF CHARGE, but ONLY if you take part in the challenge, see yesterday's post for further guidance.


Our guest designer for this month is NICKY. Welcome onboard Nicky :o)



Nicky and the rest of the Dotties World design team have created some examples for you for inspiration. Click on each name to go to the designers individual blogs and learn more about the projects.


Nicky







Juliet






Louise






Adele






Karen














I am really looking forward to seeing your entries into this challenge. Just leave a comment and we'll come for a visit.



Karen xx

27 comments:

Juliet said...

These cards are just WOW, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING!!! Off for a blog hop.............

Adele said...

Welcome Nicky-good to have you on board.

Great cards ladies, have done my blog hopping-stunning creations and a wonderful challenge.

love Dingle.xx

Nicky said...

Great cards, stunning ideas enjoyed blog hoping

Joanna said...

Hello,

This is my first ever challenge and i really enjoyed it so thatnk you!

My attempt is on my blog - which just so happens to also be my first ever blog - lol!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year all!!!

Well done Nicky on being guest designer xxx

This challenge looks like fun and I'll be back in a day or so hopefully x

tracy said...

love the cards girls I have uploaded my card onto my blog was stumped with this one.
Hope it ok
thanks
tracy
x

Sheila D said...

OMG, these are too funny. I love them all.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards from the DT and what a fun challenge to start the new year with. Had great fun coming up with this one. Hope you like it.

Here's my entry. Michele x

Phred said...

Great cards. Have had so much fun with this challenge (my first). Pics on My blog, Hope you like it.

Lv Vicky

Anjie said...

Absoloutely love the Scruff image. I hope my card covers the theme. I've put it on my blog. Hope you like it.

Ultramum said...

Happy New Year to everyone!

Here's my take on this challenge

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Hee hee - happy new year.

Thanks for the challenge Karen - I had fun once I got the juices flowing....It's on my blog here...

Ruth xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab challenge and some wonderful cards!! My ATC is here:-

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2009/01/dottie-meets-tilda-and-friends.html

Lavender Rose said...

Not sure which I enjoyed most, actually taking part in this great challenge or seeing everyone's brilliant cards!!!! My card is on my blog:

http://dotties-wonderful-world.blogspot.com/2009/01/ave-laugh-sunday-challenge.html

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic challenge and absolutely wonderful cards by the DT, really made me laugh. Love what everyone else has come up with too but still need to go visit some. Well I hope this card meets the amusing criteria. It is here TFL and look not last minute!lol

Tip Top said...

Great challenge! And fab DT cards too! Here is mine!

Sarah C said...

Great challenge Karen. Lovely cards. Here's my entry xxx

Anonymous said...

My card is here hopefully

Jac’s Playground said...

Whoo hoo I've made a 2nd card for the challenge! Its here TFL

Hazel said...

Fab samples from the DT - Happy New Year to you all. There's a card from me here

Sammi said...

Oh wow!!! your work is WONDERFUL ladies and well done Nicky!! You are AWESOME!!!
My card is Here
I'm just getting there and hope to come by your blogs for a close look and more comments tomorrow!!
Sammi
xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Here there. I am very new to taking part in challenges but for 2009 I vowed I would try and do some more. I came across Dottie's World over Christmas following a link from a friend's website and couldn't resist Dottie for too long but also liked the Girls about Town so had to have both. Buying Dottie was an excuse (who needs an excuse??) to take part in the challenge. My attempt can be found here:

http://kyms-crafty-cards.blogspot.com/2009/01/dotties-world-challenge-4-1-09.html

I hope to be back in the future. Kym

Amelia said...

Just set my blog up recently and have posted my attempt up on there.

This is the second challenge that I have tried and I hope to be able to spend more time in 2009 entering more (and finding time for myself again as I relax with some crafting).

Best wishes to all!

SweetPea said...

This is about my fourth challenge, but this is first time it is loaded straight to my blog, after Louise was kind enough to give me advice on starting one! Struggled with the 'funny' theme, but hope you like it.

Great cards everyone, really enjoyed looking through them,

Helen x

Jean Peters said...

Found this today and loving it. Love the Design team cards. My card is on my blog

www.papersandcakes.blogspot.com

Jean xx

Becky said...

Hi Girls! Oh I did have a chuckle at your cards!! I love a humorous card, I don't think we make enough of them!!
You can see my card here
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Just meeting the deadline for this challenge :)
Here's mine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin